10/29/10

My Morning Jacket: Evil Urges

From the covers, to the fans, to the friends, to the passion this band plays with, this week was truly indescribable.  The best way to explain it would be to say it was a dream--you look forward to the best of them, you're thankful for the moments, and then they're gone in a flash.

You can't get any better than "Touch Me Part 2."
My Morning Jacket, "Thank You Pt 2"
Oh yeah, and a second helping of "One Big Holiday."

In all of my concert goings, I've never been the girl that sticks around for the setlist and the drumsticks that the roadies throw as the adoring fans waited with arms wide open.  Now, I wasn't so lucky to collect any of these treasured items, nor the highly sought after 50 original posters for sale each night, but I was able to cherish the moments, and appreciate this once in a lifetime opportunity.  You can't sit back and watch life pass you by--your destiny is to make your own happiness.

Thank you My Morning Jacket, with all my heart.

No comments:

Live. Breathe. Drink. Love. Laugh. Eat. Play. Listen.